If you go into most of our homes you will find a photo album of past and timeless memories captured by the camera.
The only pictures hanged on the wall used to be of the whole family that was most likely taken at the studio.
But now we have fun and creative ways to not only capture those precious moments but also to show our passion for various things.
So how can we get this right?
I’m going to tell you.
1. Proportions. Do you want your picture frames the same size or are they going to be different sizes? If so how are you going to hang them so as to still have balance?
2. Don’t hang the pictures too high on the walls. Aim for mid height. We usually think that if you hang the pictures too high we are keeping them safe or away from the children but actually if you have really high walls then it’s hard to view the pictures comfortably.
3. Hang picture frames from 2 points – preferably from each side of the frame. This prevents the frames from the moving over time.
4. There should be equal space from each picture frame e.g. 2cm distance around each frame. This is meant to give a clean look.
5. Lighting. Make sure your pictures have sufficient lighting – whether natural lighting or otherwise. If you don’t have proper lighting then it makes it defeating to hang the pictures
6. Go big!.Instead of choosing a collection of pictures, why not pick one picture and make it big enough to be its own center of attention.
I hope these ideas help you to make your picture frames more appealing.