How have you been?
I hope you’re well and keeping warm because Nairobi weather has us thinking we’re trying to audition for the next Game of Thrones season.
I thought we’d talk about rugs today.
Rugs are an easy way to liven your floors while keeping areas you walk on mostly in the house warm.
So how do you lay it out and have people who walk in to your space feel like they walked into a Voguesque lifestyle shoot?
- All furniture feet on the rug. Why? Because it give a clean cut orderly look that separates the sitting area from the rest of the room.
- Front feet on the rug. This works well when especially the color of the rug is close to the color of the floor. It helps to blend the rug and the floor subtly yet beautifully. Also works well if one side of the furniture is close to the wall.
- 2 inches from rug to the furniture. Remember when we used to draw a square in a square while in school, this is something like that.
- Few inches from the wall.
- 2/3 inches around a particular piece of furniture e.g. a bed or dining table. Why not pick a piece of furniture that you need to accentuate and place a rug under it and inches away from it.
- Multiple rugs. If you have multiple areas especially sitting areas then you have to have multiple area rugs for the areas.
So those are my tips for rugs, go forth and slay!
Love & Light,
Frankie & Bren